The following should be considered minimum mandatory standards for every Phoenix Recovery house:
- There shall be no consuming alcohol and/or other drugs by anyone on the property of the house, this includes all house guests;
- Alcohol and items containing alcohol shall not be brought onto the property for any reason;
- Alcohol and other drug use will be grounds for dismissal from Phoenix Recovery; Upon being notified of possible alcohol and/or other drug use by a resident, the Proprietors or House Manager(s) may first refer the resident for detoxification or stabilization services (if warranted). There is no guarantee a resident will be permitted back as a resident following a relapse. Further, a resident has no right to file a grievance if dismissed from the residence without being referred to a detoxification service or extended an offer to return as a house member, as the by-laws of Phoenix Recovery clearly state ONLY members in good standing of the house may receive this courtesy. (“Good standing” members will be determined at the discretion of Proprietors and House Manager). Note: The Proprietors or House Manager assumes NO fiscal responsibility for payment of detoxification or stabilization services for a resident of Phoenix Recovery LLC;
- Regular attendance of house meetings shall be mandatory for all residents and it shall be the responsibility of Phoenix Recovery management to ensure proper participation;
- Chores must be completed daily, with a detailed and thorough cleaning of assigned chore to be done once per week prior to the start of designated house meeting;
- All house members are subject to Random Drug Testing on a 24/7 basis. When a drug test is requested, residents must take test immediately without leaving the sight of the House Manager or house member(s) whom requested the UA;
- When a new resident moves in, they will be placed on New Resident Blackout for a minimum of 30 days. On the Blackout period, residents are not permitted to have guests at the property and are not eligible for overnight privileges. Curfew is strictly enforced, 11:00 pm Sun-Thurs, 12:00 am Fri & Sat during blackout (unless at a documented work shift). If this curfew is violated, house membership will be revoked;
- In order for a house member to complete the New Resident Blackout period and phase up in a Phoenix Recovery house, a member must have been in the house a minimum of 30 days, be employed, have a sponsor in their recovery fellowship, be current on rent, not be on any house violation contract and have had completed levels 1-4 of the Phoenix Phase Program;
- All house members must participate in The Phoenix Phase Program;
- All residents are required to make their bed each morning;
- All residents must be awake and out of bed no later than 10:00 am during weekdays and 12:00 pm on weekends;
- All residents must attend (3) three 12-Step Fellowship or recovery based self-help meetings per week;
- Weekly Self-Discovery assignments or Recovery Check-Ins at house meetings are mandatory;
- All prescription medications must be reported during the interview process, disclosed to a Phoenix Recovery House Manager during intake and stored in a personal lock box;
- Each Phoenix Recovery house door code is for current residents of that particular property ONLY. If at any time a door code is given to a non-house member, that individual will be expelled from the program;
- Disruptive or discourteous behavior is strictly prohibited;
- Phoenix Recovery LLC reserves the right to evict without cause, as per state license regulations. Members who continually violate house rules will have house membership revoked regardless of Urine Analysis results;
- There is a zero tolerance policy for any threats of violence or physical acts of violence;
- Absolutely no weapons are permitted any time in any house or shall be in the possession of any house member;
- Honesty and integrity are pivotal aspects of the recovery process. As a member of our recovery housing community, if a violation of Phoenix Recovery rules is witnessed, it is the responsibility of that house member to report any wrongdoings to a House Manager or proprietor. Failure to do so will be considered guilt by association;
- Smoking inside any Phoenix Recovery residence is strictly prohibited. Smoking must take place outside the property and cigarette butts disposed properly in ash trays;
- Phoenix Recovery LLC has a zero tolerance policy for destruction of any house property. This includes improper use of house appliances and amenities. Flushing baby wipes or any feminine products down the toilet will not be tolerated. Damages to any property resulting from negligence of house members is unacceptable and damage costs will be paid by the negligent party or split between the house as a whole. Take pride in your home and take care of it, and it will take care of you;
- Residents must be employed within 14 days of establishing residency or enrolled in school or volunteering;
- If a resident has a conflict or issue with another house member or the property, a report must be made to a House Manager immediately so the problem can be resolved in a timely manner;
- Operators or House Managers in charge of an individual Phoenix Recovery facility must be accessible to residents. The operator and/or House Manager shall be clearly and easily identified and shall remain available daily.
Phoenix Recovery rules are clearly defined; Any optional rules the proprietors choose to implement must be for the needs of the residents and benefit of the house or its operations, which shall not be overly burdensome, and must be consistent across multiple residents.
CONFLICTS IN THE HOUSE
Conflicts are to be expected in sober living from time to time, and learning to deal with conflict is part of recovery. All conflicts are expected to be brought to the House Manager’s attention immediately. However, confrontations will not be tolerated. Physical acts or threats of violence will result in expulsion.
All prescription medications need to be disclosed with House Manager(s) or proprietors of Phoenix Recovery prior time being accepted into the housing program. Residents must also report all medications to House Manager upon intake. Prescription narcotic medications are not permitted at any Phoenix Recovery residence. Any other medication(s) will only be permitted if they are prescribed to you by a doctor and must be taken as prescribed. Sharing medications will result in eviction. Residents are held responsible at all times for taking their own medications. EVERY RESIDENT WHO MOVES INTO A PHOENIX RECOVERY HOUSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING A PERSONAL LOCK BOX. ALL MEDICATIONS ARE TO BE STORED IN PERSONAL LOCK BOX AT ALL TIMES.